Saturday, October 16, 2010

Halloween Costume Roundup

Most little girls want to be princesses for Halloween. Not me. I wanted to be food. Sometimes it was ugly (I was a grape one year. Not a bunch of grapes - just one. It was a bad year), and sometimes it was a home run - my favorite costume I ever had was a doughnut. I wish I could find pictures of it, but I haven't seen any. We took a giant inner tube (the pool toy) and painted chocolate frosting on the top and dripping down the sides. Then we hot-glue-gunned huge, colorful plastic beads on top as "sprinkles." Ah, memories. It was made even better by the fact that I was a pretty chubby little kid.

So if you (or your kids) are like me and you want a food costume, you've come to the right place! Here's a roundup of some of the best food costume tutorials I could find. Enjoy!



A cute popcorn costume from Kaboose



One of the best ice cream cone costumes I've seen (and believe me, I've seen a lot) from Better Homes and Gardens.



A ham and cheese sandwich from Disney Family Fun (if you're ever looking for kid crafts, this is one of the ultimate sites).



Cupcake from Lemon Tree Creations (click through for pictures of her daughter. All together now - aaawwww!)


Sushi hats from Craftzine.




Broccoli from Better Homes and Gardens (though I have to say, what kid wants to go as broccoli, especially on a night devoted to candy?)



Fried egg from Food Network (they have several good ones, so go check them out).



Ending on a sweet note - cupcake from Food Network.

Got any more? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment