Alrighty, a nice, picture-heavy post today. So, if you remember, a while back I did a post about the applique quilt I started. Well, I've definitely made some headway, but school started and everything ground to a halt (homework, work, studying for the LSAT - there just aren't enough hours!) Anyway, I posted the cutout fabric for the cupcake. Well, I've gotten it stitched now. I had wanted to do it by machine, but I just couldn't get the details, so I ended up doing it all by hand (another reason why it's going so slowly). So here's the cupcake, all sewed up:
Also, I highlighted the lines on the pattern so they'll be easier to see (the pencil lines are a seam allowance, if you need one). Sorry it got cut off - the pattern is bigger than my scanner. Still, you can work with it.
Right, now for the new stuff. Pattern number two for the quilt is...an ice cream cone! Here's the pattern I made (again, the scanner cut off the end, but you can figure it out):
Each pattern will be on the quilt twice (haven't done the second cupcake yet). So here are my two ice cream cones:
So far, so good! I'll keep you posted!