Monday, August 16, 2010

Quilt Update

So remember how I sent my food fabric quilt off to the shop to get finished? It's finally here! It took almost a month, but the shop was busy. I used a red fabric with balls (that happen to look like gumballs) for the back, which you can see on the edges. A shot of the finished quilt:

It's my first quilt, so I'm pretty excited. I don't think it looks professional - there are a few flaws that bother me, and it's a little on the small side - but considering I'd never done one before, I'm happy. I had originally wanted to use red thread for the quilting (the stitching on top) but my mom and the lady at the store talked me into using variegated. I'm glad they did, because all of the colors look good.


Now if only I could make some headway on that applique quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment