Thursday, July 1, 2010

Food Travel Collage

Welcome to my new blog, and thanks for reading it! This is a blog for food-inspired crafts. If you have a project you're working on, or if you've seen one that you thought looked interesting, send it in!

Today's craft is my food wrapper collage. In the summer of 2008, I went on a study abroad trip across Europe. In each new city, I bought some sort of food and saved the wrappers. They were really easy to manage - they weigh almost nothing, and easily fit into the front pouch of my suitcase. When I got home, I bought a large piece of project board (similar to what you'd use for a science fair project) and put together this collage.


Click on the picture to enlarge. Look closely and you can see wrappers from all of the different countries. My favorite is the Burger King tray liner from Prague on the lower left corner. And now, instead of a scrapbook sitting on a shelf, I have this hanging on my wall where I can always see it. So if you're taking a trip soon, save the wrappers! It's a cheap way to make something really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment